Congratulations MRS. NIRMALA METWAL from Mumbai for being the Finalist of Mrs India International Queen 2021! Let’s know more about her! We interviewed Mrs. Nirmala and here are her amazing answers:
Name: Mrs. Nirmala Metwal
Profession: Senior Consumer Sensory Insights Professional/Food Technologist
Qualification: Masters in Food Technology, Executive MBA
Location: Thane, Mumbai
Strengths: My mother & my kid who inspires & motivates me to take up challenges every day and my positive outlook towards life, empathy & kindness towards people, my self confidence, adaptable nature, openness to learn & grow everyday and attitude to acknowledge the tough situations with a smile.
Weakness: My emotions
Likes: Travelling and exploring new things, Playing sports, Photography, Connecting with people, Living every moment and pushing myself out of comfort zone, kindness, honesty, integrity, authenticity and be with people who enjoy, celebrate & cherish every moment in life..
Dislikes: Manipulation, any kind of discrimination/biasedness, hatred, negativity , abusive environment
Tell us about your family:
I am an army brat from Uttarakhand –Devbhumi, who can handle anything”. My father is in Army. My mother is a housewife and I have one sister and a brother. I am married and my husband is also food technologist, he is from Kerala and we are blessed with a 7 year old son.
Quotes that keep you going, motivates you:
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.”
- “You never regret being kind.”
- “Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.”
Achievements/ Anything you are proud of yourself:
I have performed well in most of the areas which includes academic, extracurricular, sports and now doing great in my professional career too. Personally I had few challenges which I managed and managing very well and balancing my professional and personal life. When people say “ I am a kind hearted person and strong, successful and a confident woman” that’s what I feel is my greatest achievement. Few things to highlight as professional achievements are: University Chancellor Gold Medallist, University sports champion, Best employee in my last organization and supporting few social causes
What is Women Empowerment according to you?
Women empowerment to me is empowering women to be financially independent, getting equal pay, no limitation in doing any kind of roles/job, freedom to take decision, think freely, problem solving, raising the status of women through education, literacy and training, motivating and giving opportunity to her for pursuing her goals, likes and passion, giving her equal rights and respect in the society, making sure her personal wellbeing is as important as her family wellbeing and equipping her to tackle any situations/any discrimination or any social injustice and treatment.
Message for society:
Lets make the planet/world/society a happy place to live by spreading love, peace, joy and by showing kindness, humanity, equality, empathy, compassion for each other. Lets try to bring smile in everyone’s face and be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. A small step by each one of us can help to create a better world. Each of us is different in our own special way so lets respect and treat everyone equally and empower each other by creating opportunities and by providing support.
How will you give back to society after becoming a Queen?
Everything I get from this platform currently and in future will be going back to society to support the social cause. Currently I support little bit financially for different causes but I have plans for the future. I will be focussing on two key areas: 1. Women empowerment- For rural women in need I will be creating opportunities, and inspiring them to get trained for various skill set which can help them to earn and be independent 2. Creating awareness on autism and supporting and contributing for the special kids education and holistic development for families who cannot afford the current cost of therapies and skilled based education
Why have you participated in Mrs India International Queen?
I loved the “Be Strong, Be Confident, Be You” tagline of Mrs India International Queen and this inspired me to participate. I am Queen with beauty and brain, and this platform will help me to further recognise myself as a Queen to the whole world and make me a well known brand, personality. This brand will help me to achieve my main purpose in life to derive the social causes for which I am passionate and have a plan (Women empowerment and special kids related social cause).
This platform will help me to contribute, drive and lead these causes where I can focus and contribute through the brand not only financially but also by allocating my time. By having a known brand will help me to inspire/motivate/influence people in need as well as people who wants to contribute to these causes.
In addition to that the below two things personally I will be developing for myself
- i) I want to be my best version and I love challenging myself and exploring things which are out of comfort zone. I would love to explore and see how I deal with this glamour world and try my best to be successful and win the crown. I take this as a challenge for me and grow and build myself for different situations.
- ii) This platform will give me an opportunity to interact and compete with diverse set of people, so its an opportunity to learn new things and further strengthen my personality, confidence, connections with people and experience a very different world and enjoy the moment.
- Mrs India International Finalist MRS. MATANGI SUVARNA PRIYA
- Mrs India International Queen Finalist MRS. MOUSHUMI KAR MAITY
- Mrs India International Queen Finalist MRS. AKANKSHA ALOK MISHRA
- Mrs India International Queen Finalist MAJOR POONAM SHARMA
- Mrs India International Queen Finalist MRS. NIRMALA METWAL