Congratulations MRS. MOUSHUMI KAR MAITY from West Bengal for being the Finalist of Mrs India International Queen 2021! Let’s know more about her! We interviewed Mrs. Moushumi and here are her amazing answers:
Name: Moushumi Kar Maity
Profession: Asst. Teacher at Contai Public School, Contai.
Qualification: B.A, M.A(Eng), D.El.Ed, T.T.C
Location: Contai, West Bengal
Strengths: Honesty, sincerity, hardworking
Weakness: Over thinking
Likes: singing for self, listening to music, cooking in the free time, love to stay in isolation whenever feel like and a pet lover too.
Dislikes: Telling lies, dishonesty and rude behaviour
Tell us about your family.
I belong to the beautiful North Eastern part of India. I am a Bengali by birth and the only child of my dearest parents. My father has left for his heavenly abode 4 years back who was my role model. I got married to a prestigious family of Contai, East Midnapore. My family members include my mom, hubby, a proud mother of a son and a daughter, brothers – in – law, sisters-in-law and their children.
Quotes that keep you going, motivates you:
- Our thinking is the biggest cause of our unhappiness. Keep yourself occupied. Keep your mind off things that don’t help you. Think positively.
- People will forget what you said,
- People will ever even forget what you did,
- People will never forget,
- How you made them feel. – Gaur Gopal Das
Achievements/ Anything you are proud of yourself:
- The day when I got blessings from Saint Mother Teresa with her pious hands onto my head when I was a school girl.
- When got blessed with my children and when they made me proud.
- When I craved for an English medium School in my locality and it opened very soon, where I teach till the present time and my children are the pass outs from that very School.
- One fine morning when a bright and budding film director requested me to act in two of her short films to convey some good messages for the society in the Covid19 period and both the films were a grand success.
- I also won many prizes in various events like singing, dramatics, go as you like, a few School sports in my school days.
What is Women Empowerment according to you?
The Almighty has given the women ‘ Power of Shakti ‘ within them but it matters how we utilise this power of Shakti. A woman’s first priority is her family then comes the external world so if a woman after fulfilling the family affairs maintains the external affairs skillfully then that would be the greatest women empowerment according to me. She can surely be successful in all the walks of life. And this is why the women of India are addressed as ‘ Mata’ which symbolises love, sacrifice, strength and courage.
Message for society:
The world is facing a great crisis. We have to stay united and work hand in hand forgetting all the odds to overcome the same from every corner of the world.
How will you give back to society after becoming a Queen?
I will try my level best to extend the hands for helpless and downtrodden people of society according to my eligibility and ability if I become a Queen.
Why have you participated in Mrs India International Queen?
I found that our director, Ankita ma ‘am and her team is doing a great job for the women empowerment so I thought of trying my luck so that I can extend my hand with her if at all I am selected and eligible for the same.